Tomato and Mascarpone Pasta
This recipe is so quick and easy to make that it is my go-to weekday meal when I don’t know what else to cook, but that’s not to say this isn’t delicious! It’s creamy, tomatoey goodness in a bowl – what’s not to love? If you’re not keen on a fully vegetarian meal or want something a little extra try adding some chicken breast or pan-fried haddock! I hope you enjoy this meal, let me know how you get on in the comments below!
20 - 25 minutes
- 1 Tin chopped tomatoes or 1 carton of passata
- 1 Red pepper
- 1 Tub mascarpone
- 1/2 Jar sundried tomatoes
- 2 Handfuls of sweetcorn
- 2 Handfuls of washed spinach
- 2 Tbsp tomato puree
- 2 – 3 Cloves of chopped/ crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp Mixed herbs/ Italian seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 180g pasta (two portions)
- Fry the chopped garlic, pepper and sundried tomatoes in a little bit of olive oil for about 5 mins
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the pan! 1 can of chopped tomatoes (or carton of passata), 2 tbsp of tomato puree, 2 tbsp of mixed herbs (or Italian seasoning), 1 tub of mascarpone cheese and 2 handfuls of sweetcorn
- Lower the heat and cover the pan to leave for about 15 minutes or until the peppers are soft.
- After about 8 minutes of your creamy, tomato sauce simmering put your pasta on to boil
- If you like your spinach a little bit wilted mix it in with the tomato sauce for the last minute
- And you’re done! Plate up with a bit of grated parmesan cheese on the top and enjoy!
For another easy weekday meal check out my salmon and green vegetables recipe.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?