Salmon & Green Vegetables
If you’re stuck for healthy dinner ideas then this is the recipe for you! This dinner is rich in vitamin k, folic acid, anti-inflammatories and other great vitamins and minerals that our bodies need. I serve my salmon with asparagus, sugar snaps and broccoli but you could use any green vegetables for this. It’s quick, easy and super good for you!
15 - 20 minutes
- 2 Salmon fillets (fresh or frozen)
- 1 Bag of asparagus
- 2 Handfuls of sugar snaps
- 2 Handfuls of broccoli
- 2 Handfuls of washed spinach
- 180g Rice (two portions)
- 1 Lemon
- 2 – 3 Cloves of chopped/ crushed garlic
- 2 Tbsp parsley
- 2 Tbsp Mixed herbs
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- Defrost the salmon fillets (if using frozen)
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Prep your veggies; wash them, snap the ends off of the asparagus, cut the broccoli into pieces. If you don’t like your veggies to have a bit of crunch then boil sugar snaps and broccoli for about 5 minutes
- Grab two large pieces of tin foil and add your salmon and veggies onto it to make two parcels
- Add 1tbsp of butter, 1tbsp mixed herbs, 1tbsp parsley, salt and pepper and lemon juice to each parcel seasoning your fish and veg
- Finely chop the garlic and add that to the parcels as well
- Loosley close up your foil parcels and place them on a baking tray and put them into the centre of the oven and cook for 15 minutes
- After 5 minutes of the fish being in the oven, put your rice on, add half of your lemon to the rice, and cook for 10 minutes (or until soft)
- Wash your spinach and add to two plates
- Once cooked, drain the rice and remove the parcels from the oven.
- Spoon the rice onto your bed of spinach and add the salmon and veggies on top. You should be left with some lovely garlic butter in your foil parcels so drizzle that over your dinner
- Plate up and enjoy!
For more healthy dinner ideas check out my other recipes.
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?