Cajun Salmon Recipe with Sweet Potato
This cajun salmon recipe is full of a variety of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and good fatty acids making this a super healthy meal that is full of flavour, and more importantly. It’s quick and easy to make – making it a great choice for a go-to weekday meal.
If you’re not too keen on spice check out another salmon recipe that is equally as healthy and delicious!
20 - 25 minutes
- 2 Salmon fillets (fresh or frozen)
- 2 – 3 Sweet potatoes
- 150g Curly Kale
- 1 Bag of stem broccoli (approximately 150g)
- 1/2 Lemon
- 1 Tbsp Chilli flakes
- 3 Tbsp Cajun spice
- 2 Tbsp Mixed herbs
- 3 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1 Tbsp Garlic powder
- Preheat the oven to 180°c
- Peel, wash and chop the sweet potatoes and boil for 4 – 5 minutes along with the tender stem broccoli to soften slightly
- Add sweet potatoes to a baking tray and dress with 1tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp garlic powder, 1tbsp of mixed herbs, and salt and pepper
- Place the tray in the oven and cook for 8 mins
- While your potatoes are in the oven prep the salmon with 1tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp cajun spice, 1 tbsp mixed herbs, salt and pepper, and a squeeze of lemon. Rub the herbs and spices into the fish coating both sides then wrap in a foil parcel
- Place your salmon parcels into the oven with the potatoes once your first 8 minutes are up, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the broccoli and kale to another baking tray and cover with 1tbsp olive oil, 1tbsp chilli flakes, and salt and pepper.
- Once the fish has been in the oven for 10 minutes add the kale and broccoli to the oven and cook for the last 5 minutes (keep and eye on the kale as it can burn easily)
- Plate up and enjoy!
We are sorry that this post was not useful for you!
Let us improve this post!
Tell us how we can improve this post?